Pay: up to $23 per hour, depending on experience (DOE)
Sign on Bonus: $500
Med-X Staffing Services is recruiting for a Surgery Scheduler with a minimum of 1 years current physician office or clinic experience. Surgery Scheduler will have a friendly demeanor, great positive attitude, and customer-focused work ethic and be able to multi-task. Clinic seeks a Surgery Scheduler who has strong customer service, is dependable, and has attention to detail.
Qualified Surgery Scheduler will have:
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Prefer a minimum of 1 years current physician office or clinic experience working as a Surgery Scheduler
- EHR experience required
- Greets hospital personnel and visitors and assists with their requests.
- Maintains filing, recording and records as required in the Department.
- Performs copying and posting,
- Procures office supplies and equipment.
- Gathers information as requested.
- Performs verification and charging:
- Makes sure patient is correctly scheduled to ensure payment by Medicare and Medical. Checks with insurance office if specific verification is needed
- Answers the telephone, and assesses and evaluates to direct calls to appropriate person or Department. All communication is conducted in a timely and polite manner.
- Assesses the surgery schedule the day prior and keeps the scheduled cases within working hours of surgery.
- Other duties as assigned.