Why work with Med-X Staffing Services, because we look for the right position the first time. Apply to our positions and let us show you what we can do!
Med-X Staffing is looking for a Registrar to join a large clinic located in SW Portland, OR.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet patients at the front desk, check-in, register, and/or update patient information including address changes, insurance changes, and direct them to the correct department or waiting area.
- Answer incoming telephone calls and direct to appropriate person. Determine if the call is urgent and transfer to triage nurses/appropriate medical staff. Take phone messages for medical staff and providers when appropriate.
- Sort, scan and send daily incoming and outgoing mail, faxes, releases, memos, and other office documents.
- Schedule routine and follow-up appointments (as well as confirm future appointments if directed by department).
- Work the registration Daily Activity Report (DAR) in advance to ensure we have the necessary information for appointments.
- Collect co-payments and/or other payments from patients.
- Balance daily cash drawer.
- Pre-register patients when scheduling appointments.
- Monitor and complete all Registration related reports and work queues in a timely manner.
- Maintain the appearance of patient waiting areas.
- Maintains regular work attendance and punctuality.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent
- Values team success
- Compassionate, patient, tactful, diplomatic, sociable, well organized, thorough, and independent Shows an interest in taking action to increase his/her knowledge and development as an employee Contributes to an environment where people feel valued
- Keyboarding skills
- Electronic Health Record competency
- Ability to interact and establish a good rapport with people over the telephone and in person, often in stressful situations
- The capability of effectively working on more than one task without a reduction in the quality of work and service performed
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients and staff
Job Type: Full Time, Temp To Hire or Permanent
Pay: $17 - 20/hour
Bonus: $500 Sign On