Referral Coordinator (pays up to $21) PLUS Hire on Bonus $500
Med-X Staffing has partnered with a multi specialty organization to fill their Referral Coordinator position. We work with such organizations as Legacy, Adventist, The Oregon Clinic, plus many small and large private practices.
We seek a Referral Coordinator who wants to find a good employer with excellent benefits and a Referral Coordinator who can provide outstanding customer service to the internal and external customer. The ideal Referral Coordinator is proficient in Microsoft Office, and is a self-starter with the ability to multi-task & prioritize. Open to a Medical Assistant looking for a career change!
Compensation for Referral Coordinator pays up to $21 per hour DOE PLUS Hire-on Bonus $500
The starting wage for Referral Coordinator ranges from $17.00 - $21.00 per hour depending on experience.
- A minimum of one year of experience as a referral coordinator preferred.
- A minimum of one year experience in a healthcare setting, healthcare insurance company, or managed care organization is preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, CPT procedure and ICD-9 coding required.
- Prior experience with an EMR system preferred.
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task with little supervision.
- Ability to interact effectively and courteously with members, physicians, providers, payors, and co-workers.
- Medical Assistant experience with knowledge of medication administration (mg/kg dosages) helpful but not required.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Verifying eligibility, checking benefits, documenting physician direct referrals, and pre-certification or authorizations of certain services as defined by the patient’s health insurance plan, via phone, fax or written requests.
- Must have experience with Managed Care referrals and insurance authorizations including PPO, POS, HMO, and Medicare.
- Previous experience with Centricity a plus, and clinical background is helpful.
Job Type: Full-time