Patient Services Representative(s) (pays up to $15 - $21 per hour DOE) (Hire on Bonus $500)
West Portland and East Portland
Med-X Staffing is recruiting for two (2) Patient Services Representatives that will perform a wide range of duties to support a busy specialty clinic in a 2 month assignment.
The Patient Services Representative role encompasses many aspects of the care delivery process. Interested Patient Services Representative will have a friendly demeanor, great positive attitude, and customer-focused work ethic and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
Qualified Patient Services Representative will have:
1. Provides excellent customer service to all external and internal customers (i.e. patients, families, referring providers, insurance companies and other TOC departments). Includes effective, friendly, professional and timely communication while anticipating and prioritizing customer's needs.
2. Ensures necessary patient information for scheduled appointments in a timely manner. May include verification and coordination of the pre-authorization process.
3. Provides efficient and accurate patient check-in and/or check-out processes including verifying patient demographics and insurance, collecting co-pays, obtaining consent forms, working with other departments to ensure smooth patient testing, diagnostics, procedures, and/or surgeries.
4. Performs front office duties as necessary including medical records requests, answering telephones, managing fax and ordering supplies.
5. Promotes efficient physician scheduling and patient access by properly scheduling and rescheduling patients’ appointments according to all office protocols and physician requests(may not be required in all specialty groups).
6. Teamwork: Shows respect, collaboration and support for coworkers/supervisor/providers. Communicates effectively and professionally, accepts accountability. Remains flexible to changes and promotes a successful work environment.
7. Safety & Policy Compliance: Adheres to TOC safety and health best practices. Consistently follows relevant laws & TOC policies, including Code of Conduct, Use of Personal Cell Phones, Attendance, IT Systems and Timekeeping policies. Maintains confidentiality, protects sensitive information, and adheres to HIPAA, security and privacy rules.
Job Type: Full-time, Temporary (2 months)
PPE is being provided to every employee to maintain the highest standards of health and safety. Work stations are socially distanced to prevent spreading the infection to you and your family.