Med-X Staffing is seeking an administrative professional to fulfill the Medical Receptionist role and perform a wide range of duties to support a busy specialty practice. The Medical Receptionist role encompasses many aspects of the care delivery process. This is a direct-hire, permanent position.
Workplace Location Options: Clackamas, SE Portland, West Portland (Barnes area).
- One year physician office or clinic working as a Medical Receptionist preferred.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
Job Duties include But not Limited to:
- Answer and screens telephone calls in a courteous manner, record messages through phone notes on electronic medical records for physicians and other personnel.
- Schedule patient appointments and procedures according to established policies and procedures.
- Obtain accurate information from patients and ensure all registration forms are complete.
- Collect patient and insurance payments and reconcile daily cash reports.
- Verify insurance coverage's and prior authorizations as needed for office visits and procedures.
- Provide information to patients regarding unpaid balances,
- Scan documents into patient's electronic medical record,
- Prepare new patient charts in advance of appointments to include all medical records, lab results, and pertinent test results from referring physicians.
- Copy patient information and forward to requesting party after receiving appropriate consent to release medical records,
- Maintain files and records in a confidential manner.
- Maintain organization and efficiency of the front office, including office supply inventory.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Perform other related duties as directed or assigned.
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Pay: $19.00 - $22.00 per hour
Bonus: $500 Sign-On