This position supports the accounts receivable function by processing billing claims, and investigating denied claims.
The starting salary for this position ranges from $18-20 per hour depending on experience. (Hire on Bonus $500)
The ideal candidate will have at least one year experience and possess the following qualifications:
- Must have employment longevity with employer(s)
- Strong customer service skills
- Minimum of 2+ years of medical billing and AR in a physicians office or clinic
- Experience and proficiency working with insurance billing systems
- Effective communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Well-organized and detail oriented.
- Dependable team player
- Knowledge of medical billing systems and procedures, including CPT and ICD9-10 coding and familiarity with HCPC coding
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in Windows based programs.
- Experience in paperless systems is preferred.
Job duties include but not limited to:
- Work with claims that are held up
- Work with the billing system to audit charges
- Handle A/R follow-up
- Handle patient billing questions including up to referrals and verifications
- Other duties as assigned
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour
PPE is being provided to every employee to maintain the highest standards of health and safety. Work stations are socially distanced to prevent spreading the infection to you and your family.