Med-X Staffing Services is seeking a credentialed Medical Assistant to join a busy specialty office in SW Portland. The MA will assist providers in the examination and treatment of patients, following established standards and practices as directed y the Physician and/or Physician Assistant leader.
- Greet and escort patients to exam room and discharge counter
- Obtain patient history; assess/triage patient, measure vital signs, and record information on chart.
- Explain treatment procedures and prepare patient and exam room.
- Position instruments and hand to physician during procedure as directed. Clean and sterilize equipment after use.
- Administer injections, medication, dress/bandage wounds and incisions and assist physician with any procedures.
- Perform dosage calculations for administering medications.
- Remove sutures and changes sterile and non-sterile dressings.
- Perform quality checks on medical equipment.
- Complete call backs, arrange referrals and testing, schedule follow up appointments.
- Completion of accredited medical assisting program and current MA credential
- Excellent interpersonal communication, telephone, customer service, organizing and time management skills
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to read and write medical terminology
- Ability to actively participate in team oriented processes
- Basic computer skills with familiarity with electronic medical records
- CPR certification
- Supports and contributes to effective safety and risk management efforts by adhering to established policies and procedures.