Medical Assistant Opportunities
Portland Metropolitan area
Currently looking for an experienced Medical Assistants to fill openings thru the Portland Metropolitan area. Interested candidates will have a minimum of 1-year of current medical assisting experience within the physician office or clinic.
Compensation for the Medical Assistant pays up to $22 (DOE)
The starting salary for this position ranges from $18.00 to $22.00 per hour depending on experience .
Education, Training & Experience: (includes licenses or certifications)
- Graduate of an accredited MA program
- A minimum of 1-year current MA experience within a physician office or clinic
- Possess a current national MA credential, e.g. CMA (AAMA), or NCCT NCMA,
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Current CPR certification
- Family Medicine with Pediatrics or Pediatrics experience required
Essential Job Duties
- Rooms patients which may include confirming reason for visit, reviewing current medications, and documenting vital signs
- Performs procedures within scope of responsibility, as directed by provider.
- Perform phlebotomy for lab draws, as directed by provider.
- Injections including immunizations
- Responds to patient phone calls and returns calls to patients to obtain more information and routes appropriately.
- Participate in pre-visit procedures, including scrubbing all patient charts for the days and huddling with provider.
- Other duties as assigned.