Med-X Staffing Services seeks to fill a Medical Assistant Position with a Family Practice in NE Portland, Oregon. The clinic offers excellent benefits with good working environments. The ideal candidate must be able to work in a team setting; communicate effectively; multi-task oriented; and able to recognize inefficiencies.
- Direct patient flow by assuring each exam room has a patient prepared for the provider to see as the patients arrive for their visits and the rooms are available.
- Prepare patients for their visits by accurately taking vital signs, weights, and noting the patient’s chief complaints on the chart notes for the providers.
- Responsible to assure the medications and history are documented accurately, and the provider’s plans for the patient are followed through.
- Communicate physician orders to outside facilities, including but not limited to nursing homes, home health and hospice, the hospital, and pharmacies in an accurate and courteous manner.
- Stocking and maintaining the exam and cast rooms with appropriate medical supplies.
- Provide patients with instruction according to the provider (including DME and other directions).
- Provide telephone assistance for the front office as needed and time allows you to facilitate making appointments for those patients requiring “same day” appointments. Maintaining the patient rooms used with an adequate level of supplies and to OSHA standards.
- Monitoring voice mail, email and clinical messages during the workday.
- Answering patient calls, flags in the chart from staff and providers, responding to questions from all staff about patient care.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited MA program
- Prefers a current national MA credential, e.g. CMA (AAMA), RMA, NCCT NCMA., etc.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Current BLS/CPR
Job Type: Full Time, permanent
Pay: 20.00 - 24.00
Sign On Bonus: $1,000.00