Med-X Staffing is looking for a Billing and Coding Specialists to fill an opening with a clinic setting in the Portland Metropolitan area. Billing and Coding Specialists (CPC) will have a minimum of 2 years current experience in a physicians office or clinic as a Billing and Coding Specialists (CPC). Clinic is a large, well-established, successful private practice, serving the Portland Metropolitan and Clackamas County areas. Clinic has an opening for an experienced Billing and Coding Specialists. This position is part of the Billing office and is remote with some training on site.
Compensation for the Billing and Coding Specialists pays up to $30.00 per hour (Hire on Bonus $1,000)
The starting salary for this position ranges from $25.00 - 30.00 per hour depending on experience .
The ideal candidate will have at least two years experience and possess the following qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED required
- AAPC CPC certification with a minimum of 2+ years experience
- A minimum of 2 years of medical billing and coding experience required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and coding, including ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT and HCPCS required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with others required.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills in order to resolve complex billing issues required.
- Knowledge of collection law and practices preferred.
- Knowledge of local and major national medical insurance practices preferred.
- Proven effective verbal, listening and written communications skills.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Outlook), the internet and navigating insurance websites.
Job Description for Coding Specialists (CPC) includes:
- Responsible for adjudicating claims to maintain/comply with client contracts and Plan documentation
- Determine accurate payment criteria for clearing pending claims based on defined Policy and Procedures
- Ability to understand the logic of standard medical coding (i.e. CPT, ICD-10, HCPCS, etc.)
- Work high volume of repetitive claims
- Identify claim(s) with inaccurate data or claims that require review by appropriate team members
- Maintain productivity goals, quality standards and aging timeframes
- Complete special projects as assigned • Research unclear and unusual claims
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: $25.00 - $30.00 per hour
PPE is being provided to every employee to maintain the highest standards of health and safety. Work stations are socially distanced to prevent spreading the infection to you and your family.