Paula Purdy CMA (AAMA) is our Director of Clinic Services and the engine that makes the Med-X machine run. She was instrumental in growing the staffing service for Medical Society Staffing, a division of the Medical Society of Metropolitan Portland (MSMP). Paula was the Director of Operations and was at MSMP for more than three decades. At Med-X, she helps clinics navigate the complicated talent shortage while also serving as a coach and mentor for hundreds of job seekers. Along the way, she's developed a deep understanding of the medical field, which other local staffing professionals can't match.
Paula plays an essential role in the local medical assistant (MA) education community. Not only is she considered the go-to person for community program directors and health system educators, but she also sits on the MA advisory boards for Portland Community College, Clackamas Community College, Concorde Career College, and Sumner College. In addition, she sits on the Educator's Forum that brings MA schools and employers together to ensure that educators are training students for successful careers. Paula was also a key player in the coordination of marketing, arrangements, and materials in the MA credentialing course now used by the largest health systems in Oregon.
Paula is also deeply involved in the professional MA community, having served as a past president of the American Association of Medical Assistants and as the current president-elect of the Oregon Society of Medical Assistants. This experience makes Paula the leading choice for screening, hiring, and placing MA candidates throughout Portland.
More than anything, Paula prides herself on her high level of integrity and strives to do the right thing the first time out as she meets the needs of clinics and candidates. As she continues to build Med-X, Paula's goal is to become the go-to person for staffing in the outpatient environment and to serve as a mentor for people who want to grow in their leadership career.
Paula Purdy CV
- Certified Medical Assistant (AAMA)
- American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA): Past National President
- Oregon Society of Medical Assistants: Current President-Elect and Chair of Public Affairs Liaison
- Current member of the AAMA Leadership Committee and AAMA Advisory Board
- River Cities Chapter of Medical Assistants: Past Chapter President
- Author of Medical Economics article: A Physician's Solution to Rising Healthcare Demands
- Past Certifying Board Member of the American Association of Medical Assistants
- Oregon Society of Medical Assistants: elected lifetime member